Thursday, October 16, 2008

What to do about Anger?

Last night we talked about anger. Well and behold one of those EGR(extra grace required) people came in and started blaming us for damage on her shed that we know our company did not do. She is blaming us and forcing us to pay for all of it when we know we didn't do it. She came in just wanting to make it right but it is hard to deal with her. I have anger for her right now, but should I have compassion? How do you deal with this situation can you just walk away without anger?

2 comments:

Renew said...

Monica were talking tonight about where your discussion led you. The obvious part of the reading that deals with anger is the Matthew portion. Anyone care to elborate on the anger and compassion discussion you had? The other parts of the reading that related?

Justin said...

The anger part was more of how I applied it to my life. In the Matthew passage half of it was about anger which I thought was quite considerable. In the Deuteronomy passage about Moses, it just brought up past things about Moses life where when the people sinned he prayed for them and didn't just tell God to destroy them. There wasn't a strong tie to the other passages but that was the point that him me the most in my life. In light of past weeks and anger I have had toward people and now not having anger it lead me to ask myself do I have any anger before I come to God? And if I really evaluate my life most days I do, and God tells us to go be reconciled before coming to him. My point other question was that if there is anger in the past do you have to go talk it out or do you just move on and forget about it. Sorry for the long response but I hope that helps to understand where I am coming from